Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Vimeo turns one....million!


Vimeo Directors Promotional from Jeremiah Jacobs on Vimeo.

This is a little promo piece I created to market my music library to the Vimeo filmmaking community.

...which is apparently quite large. I don't know how many members exactly, but they're hosting a million original videos/short films on their site, 100,000+ of which are in HD.

Which begs the question....why, exactly, are you paying your satellite/cable provider a huge premium for content that's often NOT actually native HD?

Anyone with a laptop connected to an HDTV tried watching Vimeo HD via that system?

(later: I read that indeed, these "HD" video sites are not "TRUE" High-Definition, and yes, I believe I've mis-used the term. We really should term these by their encoding codec (in this case, I think it's H.264). In any case, Vimeo's hi-res letterbox is a thousand years better than YouTube...)

No comments: