Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Popular Pop

Overheard on a conference call:

Client: ...and musically, we want something that really.....y'know.....pops.

Creative Director: Pops? As in pop music?

Client: Yeah.

Creative Director: What kind of pop?

Client: ....................................(sound of breathing)......

Creative Director: As in, what genre of pop music?

Client: .......................(sound of squeaky chair).......

Creative Director: Umm, do you know what I'm getting at?

Client: No.....well, we're just looking for popular music......y'know, what people are listening to....

Creative Director: Well, people listen to lots of music - there's no one style that's the most popular......

Client: ....... well, I'll leave that up to you. Whatever people are listening to.....whatever style they're into....or however you want to phrase it......or look at it....I mean.....if lots of people are listening to it, it's popular, right? I mean that's the definition. I don't know why I'm explaining this...anyway, we just want something that's a popular style....and....really.....POPS...y'know....so people can identify with it.....kind of I guess what I'd call...ummm...."popular pop."

-------

You can't make this stuff up, people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. lol. Thanks.